Rodionov Mikhail Alekseevich, Doctor of pedagogical sciences, professor, head of sub-department of algebra and mathematics and informatics teaching methods, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Pichugina Polina Grigor'evna, Candidate of pedagogical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of discrete mathematics, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Background. At the initial stage of medical personnel training the importance of mathematics is invaluable, it promotes of suck qualities of doctor‟s thinking as flexibility, profoundness, originality, criticality, rationality, provides medical staff with mathematical models that are actively implemented in medical practice, and also ap-pears to be a mathematical-statistical apparatus for complex examination of patients. The aim of the research is to develop and theoretically substantiate the methodological support of medical specialists training, providing effective formation of their innovative activity. Such support includes a vocation-oriented basic course of ma-thematics for future doctors, recommendations on commited introduction of the mathematical apparatus in the content of special medical disciplines, and on mathematical support of research and experimental work in the framework of medical students‟ course work preparation.
Materials and methods. Among the methods providing significant strengthening of the developing and vocational role of mathematic training of medical students, one could single out the specially organized implementation of individual and group research projects including a significant mathematical component.
Results. Generalizing sparse researches in the present field and taking into account specificity of training in a medical university the authors suggest the following system of didactic conditions allowing to impart an “innovative focus” to the studied mathematical content and to solve to a certain extent the existing didactic contradictions arising in the educational process. The first condition presupposes step-by-step introduction into the mathematical content of the data of a certain developing potential and of scientific and methodological importance for future doctors. According to the second condition (the so-called condition of of the level approach), any mathematical content should be offered at rational level of proficiency. Compilation of the course of mathematics subject to the principle of the level approach will provide selection of the study material from the point of view of its informative capacity, will allow to differentiate proficiency of certain issue description depending on its methodological and professional importance. The next condition is the “condition of compliance” that regulates the content capacity of the course of higher mathematics and the time period assigned for its completion, and also allocates time between basic and additional comonents of mathematical material. The condition of personal value requires correspondence of the mathematical content and its representation capacities to psychological features of students, associated in particular to their future professional medical activity, and record of the motivating-target factor in the process of educational material selection. The fifth condition is the condition of pro-fessional value that is closely connected with the previous. It determines correspondence of the higher mathematics course content to the requirements of special training. Presence of such correspondence means construction of the content, providing creation in the math course of the system of concepts, the stock mathematical models and research methods widely used in special disciplines studying.
Conclusions. Effectiveness of innovative activity formation in medical students to a large extent depends on solution successfullness of the problem of adequate re-presentation of the model of future professional activity of doctors in the process of mathematical training. The given procedure is determined by compliance with a number of didactic conditions, among which arethe conditions of step-by-step approach, level approach, compliance, professional and personal values. Acquiring mathematical knowledge and skills according to these conditions step-by-step, a future medical specialist is indirectly accustomed to forecast and plan probable inno-vative changes in the nature of his/her professional field, has no fear of and adapts faster to them.
1. Rodionov M. A., Pichugina P. G. Puti i sredstva realizatsii professional'noy napravlennosti matematicheskoy podgotovki studentov meditsinskikh spetsial'nostey: monogr. [Ways and means of realization of professional focus of mathematical training of medi-cal students: monograph]. Penza: Izd-vo PGU, 2011, 240 p.
2. Rodionov M. A. Puti i sredstva realizatsii preemstvennosti matematicheskoy podgotovki studentov neprofil'nykh spetsial'nostey: monogr. [Ways and means of realization of continuity of mathematical training of students of non-mathematical major: monograph]. Penza: PGPU im. V. G. Belinskogo, 2011, 220 p.
3. Glants S. Mediko-biologicheskaya statistika: per. s angl. [Biomedical statistics: translation from English]. Moscow: Raktika, 1998, 459 p.
4. Pichugina P. G., Rodionov M. A. Elementy vysshey matematiki: ucheb. posobie [Elements of higher mathematics: tutorial]. Penza: Izd-vo PGU, 2003, 156 p.
5. Rodionov M. A., Mazey Yu. A. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya [Modern problems of science and education]. 2012, no. 2, Available at: http://www.science-education.ru/102-5960, svobodnyy.
6. Dorofeev S. N., Emelina E. A. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Gumanitarnye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Humanities]. 2009, no. 2, pp. 75–85.
7. Dorofeev S. N. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Gumanitarnye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Humanities]. 2013, no. 1, pp. 210–217.
8. Rodionov M. A. Motivatsiya ucheniya matematike i puti ee formirovaniya: monogr. [Motivation of mathematical training and ways of its formation: monograph]. Saransk: Izd-vo MGPI im. M. E. Evsev'eva, 2001, 252 p.